Most of us take our skin for granted, but people with eczema know exactly what a sore spot eczema can be. The skin clinic is most often flooded with eczema patients. The baseline of eczema treatment in conventional medicine is prescribing antibiotics (for infections), antihistamines (against allergies) and creams which do contain steroids. This treatment works but only for a short period of time after which it stops to provide any relief from eczema symptoms. How often have you given a thought about homeopathy treatment for eczema?
Eczema is usually seen in babies and children, but it can affect adults too. Areas on the face, wrists, hands and inner creases of the knees and elbows tend to become dry, flaky, inflamed and may even blister. People who suffer from eczema are often thrown into a tizzy by the relentless itching that accompanies it. Over time, these itchy patches could become thick and turn a grayish brown. In some cases the lesions there may be oozing of sticky, watery fluid from the skin and in severe cases, the lesions might bleed too.
Causes of Eczema
Eczema is known to have a strong genetic predisposition. If one of the parents had eczema, their children are likely to have it as well.
It has been observed that people often have small patches of eczema to begin with, but they don’t seek medical help for it until it becomes severe. However, if the lesions are on their face or hands and are hindering their social life in some way, people would seek immediate help.
Eczema is known to be triggered by external factors such as food, soaps, dust, perfumes, certain fabrics, extremes of temperatures and other skin irritants.
The key to control eczema is to identify these irritants in your case and to stay away from them as much as possible:
- Food such as dairy products, baby milk formulas, nuts especially peanuts, seafood, eggs, and gluten are common triggers for people with a sensitive skin type
- Environmental factors such as smoke, dust, grass, plants, pollens, dust mites, feathers, pet hair and pollution all serve as irritants
- Cigarette smoking is another strong trigger factor for eczema
- External applications like soaps, shampoos, skin creams, perfumes, and conditioners are also some of the known culprits. Apart from these detergents, fabric softeners, dyes and paints can also worsen eczema
- Amongst all these physical factors, emotional instability and stress can also trigger or worsen eczema
Things you need to keep in mind if you are suffering from Eczema
- Eczema causes severe itching and dryness of the skin. Thus the application of non-medicated skin soothing agents like Petroleum jelly or any other moisturizer help immensely
- Keeping yourself hydrated also helps in preventing skin from drying up
- Avoid using excessive bath soaps. It makes your skin dry
- Avoid foods that you are allergic to. Cut down on dairy products, fried foods, sugar, raw eggs, gluten, avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks as well.
- Excessive scratching with nails may cause a secondary infection over the eruption. Try to avoid scratching vigorously. Rub the lesions gently with your palm instead
- Avoid wearing artificial jewelry or nickel plated jewelry and excessive use of skin cosmetics
Why you should Choose Homeopathy treatment for eczema?
Among the many natural, holistic treatment options available, Homoeopathy is the safest, quickest and the gentlest solution for eczema in children. They can be safely given to babies as young as a few months old to older school-going children and adults.
All homeopathic medicines are mostly made from natural resources like plants and minerals and have absolutely no side effects.
There are more than 100 remedies in the Homeopathy repertoire that are known to be effective in treatment as well as prevention of eczema. Homeopaths take into consideration individual symptoms, individual dispositions and individual trigger factors for every given patient and based upon these factors a remedy is chosen and prescribed.
Homeopathy not only manages the acute state by reducing itching, redness, and dryness of the skin but also improves the skin texture in chronic cases and makes sure that when the eczematous patch heals there is no mark or darkening left behind.
If you are wondering where you can find the best eczema treatment without going anywhere, simply visit Welcome Cure – an online homeopathic treatment. You can meet your physician online without wasting your time, in the comfort of your home.